We can’t say enough…loudly for all to hear, that we NEED to support our local businesses. There’s nothing like showing up for our neighbors and the community. How many of these have you seen show up on your social media feeds?
There are many, many, many wonderful women-owned businesses throughout CLT that we absolutely LOVE! Here’s just a short list that we’ve put together. These are businesses owned by women we met at the Curated by Canopy Holiday Edition pop-up back in November. This post is a little overdue but it’s never ever too late to share, so here it is!
Each one of these women have INSPIRED us so much–they are pursuing their dreams and passions. They are calling the shots–sometimes having to make some tough decisions. Some are kickass moms, balancing their home lives while building their empires. Let’s all support them so that they can all go home and have multiple dance parties! Let’s do this!
- CLT Find: One of our favorite ways to shop local is via CLT Find–this shop at The Market at 7th Street features so many local makers and artists. If you can’t make it to their shop in Uptown, you can always shop on-line or send them a DM via their IG for customized gift boxing options.
- Piedmont Pennies: Becca uses her Grandma’s recipe to make these amazing cheese snacks that are perfect on their own for snacking or to add to your charcuterie spread! These treats would be a great hostess or corporate gifts, too! Head to piedmontpennies.com to order on-line or find them locally at Paper Skyscraper, Blackhawk Hardware, or Reid’s Fine Foods.
- Sweet’s Elderberry: If you’re looking for all-natural products to boost your immune system, Sweet’s should be your go-to for shrubs and tinctures. You can purchase on-line via sweetselderberry.com or find them locally at CLT Find, Common Market, Reid’s Fine Foods, and in many independent pharmacies.
- Blis: Blis is another great shop to check out for curated goods. Let their concierge gifting services help you come up with a carefully curated gift box for your loved ones!
- Amy Moffatt Art: Amy’s beautiful work isn’t just limited to art prints/canvas for home decor–she’s got jewelry, oyster art, candles, and many more. Check out her IG to peruse her work–she is also available for commission.
- Everyday Clay: Super duper obsessed with Allie’s clay earrings would be actually an understatement! I literally want one of everything and for someone who has super annoying sensitive ears, I can’t rave enough about her work! These are super light, whether you get the dangling earrings or studs. I can actually wear these all day long!
- Noble Collective: Nolan’s collection of jewelry pieces are truly just beautiful! You can shop in person at Isabella Style or shop on-line!
- Carissa Black Bags: Strong bags for Strong women—who doesn’t love that?!? A fellow healthcare professional by trade, Carissa, was a nurse who turned to sewing as her outlet. Soon, her creativity couldn’t be contained anymore! Check out her shop for some of the most fun patterned bags–from clutches, to messenger bags, to totes and many more! Not pictured, but she sells these double-layered ‘wet bags’ that we were excited to get for Grayson (our little dude).
- Toushea Skincare: Small-batch skincare that are SLS, paraben, & formaldehyde free!
- Amber Holland Skin: Give the gift of beauty (or #treatyoself!) Let Amber (a medical esthetician), treat your skin!
- Blu Nail Laquer: This vegan nail polish can be found at CLT Find, The Social Shop, Betty by Moxie, and Brown Sugar Collab
- Be Well with Aimee: Aimee is a health and wellness encourager–and she’s also a Beauty Counter consultant!
- Queen Brie CLT: From custom charcuterie boards to virtual tutorials or even private parties, Meggie makes unBRIElieavable work!
- Mona Lisa Macarons: These handcrafted macarons are almost too beautiful to eat–but you have to because they are delightful.
- BeSocial Coffee: We’ve already highlighted them in the holiday guide: coffee lovers’ edition, but we had to include them on here as we met co-owner, Samantha, finally IRL at the pop-up!
Whether you still need to round out your holiday shopping or not, we hope that you check out these amazing women and their respective businesses. Keep them in mind for future wants and needs and before you turn to the quick and easy Amazon.com or go on a Target run, consider #shoppinglocal first! And make sure that you are following our Instagram page at CLT.Remedy for many more local businesses to check out!
Wishing you the merriest of holidays!
One response to “CLT Holiday Guide: Support Women-Owned Biz”
I’m so glad to have found your blog – and this list! We’re so fortunate to have so many wonderful local businesses and creators in our community.